Friday, April 29, 2005

thoughts after friday night talks...

When my nephew cries, I put my finger in his mouth and he grabs a hold of it chomping down with his tootless gums. Sometimes, he looks up at me with his big, brown eyes that seem to say, "thanks for making my life that much more livable right now..." If only life were that easy for the rest of us. There are times when I wish I could absorb the struggles and pains of the world around me - of those I love. I think that's what drew me to clinical psychology in the first place. As I've gotten older, "wiser" - mostly more cynical, I realize that we're simply meant to struggle. But if I can make you smile in the midst of hating life just so you know that at the moment, you're not alone - it will have made my life that much more livable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Buggz said...

wow, no joke- that was beautiful.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beck, i loved that.

gha

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you just need someone to chomp on, that's all.

:)

lilly

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home