Sunday, May 22, 2005

baby giggles...

Tonight we had a little farewell party for a close friend of mine who will be leaving this Tuesday for an archaeological dig in Turkey and then off to grad school in Michigan. I always tell Leah that after she leaves, half my friends will be gone. I'm really going to miss her. There's a wild woman "hidden" not so deep beneath that cute, girl-next-door exterior. It drives the men a little nutty and gives my life a little more flava'. Archaeologists beware...she's a fiery spirit, that one.

And now, I'm off to bed to put these tired feets to rest. It's not so terribly late but I feel exhausted. I spent a wonderful day with my nephew walking through Brooklyn and lying out by the water. We discovered a little game that seems to drive Andres crazy with happy joy and fits of baby giggles. I hold him out at arms length and bounce him closer and closer, singing "bulump, bulump, bump, bump, bump, bump, bump!" - just until he gets about an inch away, then I lift him up and rub my face into his pudgy little belly. It's all fun and games though until he pulls a chunk of my hair out. But he's still so cute sitting there - even with my hair in his little fingers...that I'll play over and over again. I'm probably going to be bald by the end of the summer, but I love hearing his little laugh. If we could bottle it up - Prozac would be out of business. Baby giggles. hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home