Sunday, May 01, 2005

field hockey underdogs - grrr!

I scored my first goal of the season!!! We have four wins so far and apparently, that's four more than we've had in the past couple of years. I've dubbed us the official underdog team. I think the secret is in the beers they drink before the game, at halftime, and definately after each win.

This is my 16th year playing field hockey. With each year, I notice little changes. I don't move as fast - I actually CAN'T move as fast. My lungs are wheezy after each game. I pass more than dribble with the ball. And sometimes, passing takes too much energy. When I was in highschool, I was rarely subbed. Now, I beg for them. What's happening to me?

In the league I played on in San Francsisco, the oldest player was 65. My hero.

I wonder what condition my body will be in when I'm 65. Till then - I play. "Field hockey underdogs - GRRR!" grrr with me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on your goal! I used to play basketball in high school and there was nothing better than the swoosh of making a basket.

your player drink BEFORE the game? what kind of team are you on. maybe you need pictures.

Danny in Cleveland

11:28 PM  
Blogger alleycat said...

we're players with a lot of spunk. I will get pictures before the season is over.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
GO BECKY, ITSYA BIRFDAY!
Way to go scoring a goal Ms. Kickass, congratulations :)
Plus, when ur 65 you will be the most adorable field hockey playing lil-old-lady in the league!
GRRR!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home