Tuesday, May 31, 2005

mission mac gangsta's

I'm sitting in this little cafe in the Mission. There are nine of us working on our little power books and one ibook. I feel like I'm part of some mac gang and can't help looking around to catch someone's eye. Why am I the only one even remotely amused by this? It's really all I can do to keep my little thumbs from flying up in the air and giving everyone the thumbs up sign. This is the second time this week that my inner dork has come out. I think she's overriding my inner diva. Good thing I have about four other inner diva's in hiding.

So today is my last day in San Francisco. I just spent a leisurly morning having breakfast with a friend and walking through the city by myself. I'm trying to soak up as much of this slower paced, happy-hippy feel. My body can already sense my return back to New York. Last night, I woke up at 4 am and couldn't shake the stress for another two hours.

Later on, I promised to make dinner for my friends for a "final" farewell. It's been a nice trip so far - simply to catch up with people and hear the latest in the gossip. It's amazing how much can happen in a single year. People coming out, getting fired, moving away, being diagnosed with and overcoming cancer, finding and losing love...but through it all, it's nice to know that even with all these changes, our friendships have still remained in tact.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I see a great tee shirt in your future... reads "Mac Gangsta."

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Grace Toy said...

I'll be heading to SF in a week for a writers of color residency & workshop...any recommendations on this mission cafe & others? Thanks! Please email me: Grace.Toy@gmail.com.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams- Posters.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home