Thursday, May 26, 2005

A random walk down memory lane...

I'm neurotic. My sister and I re-established this fact recently during my crazed three day job search. Although, while I like to call my neurosis a more endearing, cutesy sort of quality, Jenn simply calls it "neurotic". I remember when I first decided to move out to San Francisco. I had just finished college with what felt like a useless degree in Latin (I only majored in Latin because I felt a certain pride whenever the mere mention of it raised many an eyebrow - truthfully, I was the worst student in my class of six and can't even tell you anything more about Caesar than his name). I hadn't ever been to SF but for some reason, felt a strong urge to get out there. So I packed up my car and forced my brother to accompany me on a long trip out west. But I gloss over the two weeks prior where I spent almost every waking moment agonizing about all the "what if's" that simply couldn't be answered until I got there. And there were many. But as I was packing up and moving back east three years later, I realized that I had built a really good life out there. And I just can't wait to revisit some of those memories...

This picture was taken on Venice Beach in LA. My grandmother had just passed away and my mother brought my grandfather out for a visit to get away for a while. For some reason, we decided to get a mini-bust of him done.

And then there are those buffalo in the middle of Golden Gate Park...Discovering buffalo living within miles of your apt is always a bit of a shocker.

And have you ever had fresh abalone straight from the ocean?
PICT0070
But the best thing to go back to is all those friends you can't believe you left...
Heather and Dana

And of course, those sexy men.

lord - I can't wait to get down there!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you work as a playboy bunny?

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i swear dan looks like matt damon. every time i clapped eyes on him during our trip to sf, i was like matt damon? and then i was like, oh right, no, no, that's dan.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Hey dood. Could your 'strong urge to move out to san francisco' perhaps have been your brother crashing at your pad over the summer in boston telling you how nice SF was and that maybe you should think about moving out there?

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

done of those guys looks like matt damon. sorry. beer goggles or something.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home