Tuesday, May 24, 2005

saying goodbye

I'm in the process of moving out of my apt. I've had all week to pack up my stuff but somehow managed to put it all off to now - two days before someone else moves in. It's not even that much stuff since I don't officially move out until the end of July. Just my clothes, my shoes, my personals, my spirit.

There was always something else that needed to be done: books to read, people to talk to, coffee to drink, blogs to write. Of course all this boils down to the simple fact that I don't want to give up my cute, little studio nestled in so sweetly between Central Park and the rest of the world.

Now, I have to find (pause here for a "damn it") - roommates. And that can be so hit or miss. My last roommate was amazing and we're still close friends. But the one before that hated me and yes, scared the shit out of me. I never forgot to lock my door at night. Who knows though...once a roommate turned out to be a long term relationship. Maybe I'll find a husband out of this.

Well, at least I can put this ordeal off for a couple of months. My sister and brother in law have graciously allowed me to stay with them in Brooklyn for the summer so that this poor student can save some money up for the school year. Did I mention that I got a waitressing job?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you curse more than one would expect

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home