Friday, June 03, 2005

Please be nice to bad waitresses!

Exhausted. Beaten down to the bone. Can barely keep my eyes open. Ouch. My feet hurt. My knees ache. My head pounds.

Ok. This waitressing job is going to kick my ass. Yes, I am exaggerating just a bit but I really am tired. I have a new found respect for wait staff and will never again bitch about slowness or missed orders. Mostly because I have this sneaking suspicion that I will be that waitress. I'm a little person that may not be built to carry big plates of food and drinks.

But what I can do...is diagnose my customers. One of my customers clearly had a neurological impairment and his wife seemed to have a mild case of...I don't know aspergers - that I wasn't really paying attention to and how could I possibly know from that single encounter. It was their beautiful little boy who was there celebrating his second birthday. He appeared developmentally normal, but I wondered if he would develop something later in life. They were nevertheless a happy family, celebrating a happy birthday. Then there was the woman who came in and needed to lick the whole outside rim of her glass every time she took a sip. She was a bit fidgety and shifty at times, but I think she was just quirky. Nothings really wrong with quirks. Though everyone else thought she was pretty crazy. I guess having to explain the entire menu to someone can easily put you at risk for being called crazy by the wait staff.

I guess that's it for now. Oh, and my co-worker is super cute. We'll see if there's more to being super cute. Well, he's also got super nice going for him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous grace kim said...

hee hee hee... awww beck! your waitressing experience seems like quite the "experience." i'm glad that you can find humor in it all!!!

btw, your nephew is soooooooooooo cute! he looks like the gerber baby. i think you guys should consider some baby modelling for him!

love you,
gracie

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home