Tuesday, June 14, 2005

poor men and dating

It's funny but I never really stop to think about how hard men have it in love and relationships these days. Usually, I'm too busy complaining about the silly things men can do at times - like scratch themselves and sniff their armpits. Just kidding. But I guess over the years, I've just taken a few things for granted - you know because I'm a woman who is under so much oppression.

I just had a first date with a guy, who like myself is a graduate student. The poor guy picked up the tab which I'm sure came out to at least a hundred and I of course made my obligatory offer to pay but he very gallantly refused. And truthfully, to accept would have been so...well, the opposite of gallantly. Here's the thing that sucks though. Women talk about first dates all the time and all the anxieties that go with it. Like, "will we hit it off?", "will he like me?", and most importanly, "will I like him?" - but in the end, their girlfriend's will always say - "well, if you don't, at least you get a free dinner out of it." How many men can say that? No worries though. If this guy wants a second date, I would be willing.

Oh - and did anyone notice that I didn't use one curse word??? Geeze, I think I've written many entries curse-free, but the few times I happen to say something 'bad' every now and then...I get called a potty mouth! How about I get some compliments for no cursing!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hunie said...

...maybe next time he will "gallantly" pick you up on his white horse and shining armor

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Order Johnny Walker Blue

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becks i'm actually quite sad that you didn't have a single swear word in your entry. i look to you for foul language! hehehehe...just kidding. but wow, i'm surprised that there are still guys out there that would pay for a $100 meal...on a first date! i usually thought that happened much later in the relationship...like when he's about to propose. a $40 first-date meal versus a $100 first-date meal is quite a different thing. work it girl!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new guy doing an internship in my old lab took a "friend" of his visiting him for the weekend to Morimoto's this weekend. $450 for two. poof, gone... but he says there's an unspoken agreement in a situation like that.

P-

10:37 AM  
Anonymous online dating said...

Hi There Blogger how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dating for men and I came across yours. while poor men and dating wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dating for men stuff. Thanks for the read!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home