Tuesday, June 07, 2005

trying to spice up this blog

Lately, my posts have been lame. I know this, but nothing really seems to come to mind when I sit down at my computer. So I'm just going to try and write about whatever it is...

Ok. Here's a shot of some stories.

My nephew is still as adorable as ever and I took him to the restaurant where I work. He's been asking me where I disappear to every now and then. But he did his first naughty boy act. While he's usually very sweet and charming, today, when my cute co-waiter came over, Andres' little lips puckered up and he began to wail. I've never seen him do this and I panicked and ran out of the restaurant. He immediately settled down. I sat him down and looked him sternly in the eye. It was a grave situation. I said, "Andres, never scare away a cute boy again. You're job is to say to the world of cute men, 'come hither. Not only is my aunt fabulous, she's warm and nurturing'. This will not happen again." I looked like a frantic monkey trying to get out of the restaurant with a crying baby in one arm and a giant stroller being dragged awkwardly behind me.

What else....

ah. The world of on-line dating. Does this still carry a certain social stigma? I can't tell anymore because I know so many people who do it. And I dabble in it every now and then...and maybe every now and then do more than dabble - though I've only gone out with one guy. And it wasn't so bad. We're still friends. He's the hippest Korean guy I know or so he continues to tell me. Truthfully, I like to read all the personal ads on these things. I know this sounds aweful, but sometimes it just makes me feel better about my own dating life or lack thereof. In the end, I guess it's still comforting to know that we're all a little desperate for love and appreciation. Maybe there's nothing so pathetic about being desperate for love...maybe being able to own up to it simply shows a certain strength and resilience. Or maybe, this girl's just gotten really good at making reality sound so damn good. A clinical psych program's specialty.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Grace Toy said...

Hi!,

I'm a frequenter of your brother-in-law's blog too. Love the part about Raul Andres -- he's SO cute, and you're a good emo! Btw, what restaurant do you work in? I'm always on the lookout for good eats. Thanks.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Hunie said...

hip korean guys are overrated, but finding a male version of yourself, now that's something fun!!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you call this spicing up the blog?!

how about some hot pix!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home