Tuesday, July 19, 2005

congratulations to Gina and Gina's now husband

I love when emails begin with an "oh, by the way, did I mention that I got married last May?" I admit that at times, I skim through emails picking up the gist of the message along the way. But when you start off like that, my eyes are glued to the screen and sometimes, I'll even read the email a couple times over. This is one of my favorites next to -"oh yeah, I lost my virginity on that church missions trip to Mexico. Right on the lake while you were all praying for lost souls..."

So Gina and Gina's now husband (whose name I think is...Joe?) are married. Congratulations. It sounded like a cozy day of happy celebration with family and friends. Well, Gina. I better be invited to the post-post reception you're having next spring...

I met Gina six summers ago while studying abroad in Korea. She was my roommate amongst other things. As my running buddy, she helped absorb all the stares and sneers we got while running through Seoul's packed streets. The best were her "gardening" skills. While lamenting the woes of our single life, she helped cultivate a whole garden of men on the outside of our room door. I think she put the first picture of Mr. Cute up, followed by Mr. Even-Cuter. At the end of the summer, we had a whole door full. I almost cried when we had to take them down... I'm glad Gina's married now. The best thing I loved about her was her outright boldness. Not only could she rock any dance floor, she had no qualms about pulling over to the side of the road for a quick bowel movement while running. She'd just look up at you with unblinking eyes and just say, "what?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pee, okay - bowel movement, ahhnnn.

P-

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home