Monday, July 18, 2005

enigma

Yesterday was Dana's bridal shower. She's getting married to Joe this September and it'll be my first Jewish Orthodox wedding. I'm really excited. Not only have I watched and listened while this couple went back and forth on wedding dates and details, but I've heard that these weddings can get well, really 'celebratory' despite the relatively conservative nature of the religion. Which quickly brought the topic of conversation at my table to Appropriate Attire. While stuffing our faces with an assortment of pastries, quish, pastas, and bagels, Courtney looks at me and says, "So when are we going dress shopping for Dana's wedding?" oooh, shopping??? For a brief moment, my eyes lit up. But remembering that the bulk of my waitressing tips went out while shopping in Soho with Grace and Jenn on Thursday, I stammered something about already having a dress but could help look for her. I don't mind shopping vicariously through others. She stared at me with that incredulous smile of hers and chuckled, "If I don't have anything appropriate to wear, honey, you certainly don't." And everyone at the table laughed.

What was that about? For the life of me, I can't figure it out. I think Lara mumbled something like, "why don't you wear the dress you wore at Shannon's party?" If I remember correctly, the slit may have been high but I wore appropriate undergarments. It's simply one giant mystery to me.

Anyway, so I'm back. miss me much?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man, where've you been. miss you! gha

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home