Saturday, July 09, 2005

Margi

i just walked into my mother's house fifteen minutes ago with happy anticipation of spending some quality time with family and old high school friends. But before then, I just want to give a "shout-out" to my new friend Margi, the toll collector on the New Jersey Turnpike at the Pennsylvania turnpike exit. She works in booth number 6, looks about middle-aged (I would say about 50ish), slightly round around the hips, blond hair that falls about chin length, and has the voice of a dying hyena.

I pull up. Three dollars and ten cents was my fee and three dollars and ten cents is exactly what I gave her. She looks at me and screeches, "I don't want your pennies!!!" in that dying hyena voice of hers. I was a little taken back and stammered out an, "excuse me?" She yelps again, "I don't want your pennies!!!" And in the most reasonable manner (because I am a reasonable and well-mannered woman by nature), I explain to her that by law she has to take my money because ten pennies are still a valid form of American currency and the last time I checked, Pennsylvania was still part of the America I know and love. "Well I don't care what the law says. I'm not taking your pennies. No one wants pennies!!! And if you don't have more money, I can write you a slip that says you didn't have enough money." And in perfect compusure I responded, "Look #$%@^$#W%, this is #$@#$#@%# rediculus. I have the right amount! I!@#!@$!@ and !@##%@#$." And at this point, I'm so angry that my pigtails are flapping all over the place.

In the end, I'm afraid I lost and ended up driving away with ninety cents in my pocket. Margi, you may have won this time but I drive down to Philly quite often and I'm saving up my pennies. dun dun duuunnnn....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, this is too funny. Flapping pigtails...!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

lol.. what a funny experience. The 'dying hyenna,' ever heard one? :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger PhotoMom said...

You are so friggin' funny. Ha! Get her, get her!!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

WTF! I think it woulda been hilarious to see you go all rabid and flip on her; but goddamn thats just ridiculous!!! I wonder if you can sue for discrimination based upon currency. . . she refused you service and you were a courteous, paying citizen.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home