Friday, August 19, 2005

call me scrabble master

My nephew bit my twice this morning. My arm still bares his teeth marks from over two hours ago and as I backpacked him around the house to get him asleep, he fought back and bit me under my right shoulder blade. You never realize how fleshy that part is until you have a little guy chomping down on you there.

And I got angry with him because he just wouldn't sit by himself and insisted on being held. So I held him while doing the dishes with my one free hand, folding the laundry while bouncing him on my hip, and trying to eat breakfast without his hands all in my food. When my sister came in from grocery shopping I looked at her and said, "I don't know why but your son is crabby." And she says, "There doesn't always need to be a reason. He just woke up cranky!" As frustrated as I was, I couldn't argue with them because there are times when I just wake up with a bit of crank in me for no reason other than the world feels blue.

Oh, last night I kicked my sister's ass in scrabble by more than a hundred points. The best moment came when I laid the smack-down with a seven letter word as she was busy going through another one of her trash-talking rampages. We are a competative bunch in this household. It always feels good to win. Besides, I'm still annoyed that she actually scared me with a simple "boo!" while sitting across the dinner table. That was shameful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Buggz said...

Beware the verbal ferocity of the Scrabble Master . . . and her
hip-hop pseudonym:
Tha Skay-rabbles Masta-Killa!

Just for curiousity sake, what was the 7 letter word u won with?

PS: the entry times on my posts are often weird, but I assure you I posted this at 1pm not at some insane hour like 5am or whatever it will say . . .

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

yeah, I see it says 1pm too, yup, I'm a dumbass :)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When YOU pass an eleven pound baby through a 10 cm passage THEN we'll see how well you play Scrabble.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home