Friday, August 26, 2005

Maid of Honor

It's official. Okay, it has been official for a few weeks now but grace and dan are engaged and I have been asked to be the maid of honor. I'm not sure exactly what that means but it's got to be better than being called the 'worst bridesmaid in the world' - Seriously, the whole world? It's true that in previous weddings, while most bridal parties were tending to that woman in white (just kidding, just kidding - the bride), I was often found at the bar chatting it up with the rest of the single's scene. And yes, I never knew where I was supposed to be in pictures or how to pose for them. Although I think the photographer just liked holding my hand and positioning me. Oh and there was that one incident when I forgot to bring my dress, but I brought pastries and COFFEE - the essentials! I guess some girls seem borned to play this role. I am biologically predestined to throw giant bashes with cocktails of every kind, shape, and color. And to shop. Who else but the Maid of Honor should help decide what the bridal party wears? Those other girls? Merely maids.

2 Comments:

Anonymous gha said...

who you calling merely a maid woman.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous June said...

you know, we only called you worst bridesmaid in the world for the first half of the day. remember, you redeemed youself after you got that hideous black stain from the train of my dress. you were a life saver with the coffee and treats, but i can't beleive you forgot your dress. i'm sure that you will be a wonderful maid of honor. grace is very lucky to have you.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home