Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Wednesday at the Beach.

I sat on the beach in my little tent so happy, so free, so relaxed and just watched everyone else bake in the hot, hot sun. Everyone here is lobster red. It kind of grosses me out thinking about it - human flesh cooking in the sun like that. Ick. Two words: sun-screen. Oh, here's another: beach tent. Due to my nephew's fair skin and my wierd sun allergy, my sister bought us a beach tent. It's the best thing ever. I don't know how I functioned before. I have to get a picture of it but forgot. But here's a couple others.

From our morning walk.

My mother barely leaves my nephew's side. Poor guy has been sick and has barely enough energy to shoo my mother's worries away. I am the worst emo allowing him to bear the brunt of my mother's anxieties just so that I don't have to hear more complaints about my lack of spirituality. But hey, god and I are going to have a moment over some drinks right after this post...I might go buy a couple beers and sit on the beach for a while. By the time I get back, I'm hoping my mom will be fast asleep. Last night, I took a walk and there were bon fires up and down the shore. I wonder if I can get myself invited to one.


This kid is all smiles for me - despite his cold.

Caught in a very wierd moment.

And that's the end of the day...well, we'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous dooboo said...

Hey Becky. Nice blog. I work near Brooklyn Heights (in DUMBO). What's your email address? Email me via my Xanga. www.xanga.com/dooboo

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home