Friday, September 16, 2005

spider nightmares

2 am. I got out of bed. I have no idea why. I walked over to the door, touched the knob, turned around, crawled right back into bed. But as I sat there adjusting the sheets, I noticed a giant spider on the wall next to me. The spider was the size of my hand. I jumped out of bed, twisted my ankle, and virtually fell fully body on the floor. But the pain had to wait and I scrambled safely to the other side of the room. As I stood there, panting, bruised but safe...I got to thinking. How did such a big spider get into the house? Are there really spiders that big in Brooklyn? It looked like a Tarantula. Was it a Tarantula? And then, wait, am I still sleeping? Logic slowly crept its way back into my reality, but fear was still pervasive. I turned on the light, checked the sheets, looked under the bed, and cautiously went to sleep making sure that I lay as far from the wall as possible.

This morning Raul looked at me and commented, "I thought a tree had fallen on the house"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Buggz said...

Watch-out, most folks don't know this, but . . . Spiderman, well . . . he's a voyeuristic perv.
Someone has to stop this web-slinging menace!!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous the Empress of Scrabble said...

I bet it was a Spider ... in your Mind.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home