Wednesday, October 05, 2005

the big squeeze

This morning I watched a man get arrested for peeing on the street. He replied to the officer in a sweet, bunny voice, "Oh, is that not allowed?" I thought to myself - that's right. Put all those men in their place. I also saw a little autistic boy try to pick up a midget. (Wait - am I allowed to say that?) He went right over, put his arms around her, and squeezed upwards. Horrified, his father went over and began scolding him. The woman politely excused herself saying that it wasn't a big deal. I think his father might have made the situation worse by trying to make it better. I chuckled.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is nuts

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! I swear this city is a circus sideshow. Yesterday I saw a scene outside my office window. One of the local beggars was sitting on a milk-crate on the sidewalk with a sign asking for food. Out of nowhere comes this musician and her photographer - The musician (with big pink afro, huge platform thigh-high boots, piercings, and acoustic guitar) sits down on the tree bed next to him and starts playing guitar while the photographer snaps some shots. Meanwhile the beggar is asking them for food or money, and they just straight-up ignored the guy. She is sitting right next to him, not even a foot away from this guy, and then she and photographer just get up and go, without so much as a word to the beggar who had an understandable look of disbelief. I was half-expecting waiting someone from Jackass to run by in a diaper after seeing that.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

subway bomb-threat today, hope ur ok :)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home