Sunday, October 23, 2005

Halloween suggestions?

People keep asking me what I'm going to be for Halloween. I have no idea. So far, I've heard strange things from friends. For instance: an undressing cowgirl, Jem, a baby or a bum, and some kind of abortion rights activist wearing all white except for a stain of red between her legs (I couldnt' follow this one - mostly because I tuned this chick out ten minutes before when she started talking about how watching fat people eat made her sick. Listening to her speak made me want to shoot myself).

But looking at photos of other people's costumes didn't help either - though they made me chuckle.

I remember when my brother called me from Wallgreens raving about this awesome idea he had. And the best part, it was so cheap! As you can see - his idea didn't carry into reality so well. All night, he kept asking me if he looked like a beggar while Ryan kept rapping Big Pumpkin - P U M P. Even with a beer in each hand, he just couldn't feel like his hip little self.

Then there was Dan who called from work telling me all about this great pinata he found. He was going to be Pinata Man. I believe my exact words were, "hunh?" But he did it. He cut out a hole, put that giant thing on his head, and became Pinata Man.

The funniest thing was that everyone recognized him while walking down Castro. Pinata Man was a hit. But like all great hits, it must come to an end. Dan's last statement of the night summed up Pinata Man's fate pretty well. "You know, you could really tell that people were getting drunker throughout the night because people kept taking swings at my head. It was really annoying after a while." And somewhere along the Muni tracks, he threw his helmet down and said goodbye. The next day, my roommate went for a run and found pieces of Pinata Man strewn all over the Mission District.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why - why do you delete?!?! the masses want to see the unseeable!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous gha said...

hahahaha, i like the pinata man story. lol. can you get back together with dan? i liked him. hehehehe.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home