Friday, November 11, 2005

gripes

I called my sister in tears – yet again. This year is slowly killing me and I keep telling myself that it will get better. I have the most fascinating patients but not the most supportive supervisors. Yesterday, I got ‘yelled’ at for a report turned in late – yet for the life of me, I can’t figure out how it was late. I know I put the report in his box on Thursday. He knows he received it on Monday. I didn’t come to school on Friday or Monday. No matter. I’m wrong even when I know I’m right and there is simply no room for debate. I keep making mental lists in my head of what not to do when I am a supervisor one very long day from now: Leave room for debate – our field is open to so much ambiguity, there can never be one right way, smile, don’t sleep with cute interns, never call someone a failure, make jokes but not too many because it can get annoying, sleep with cute interns, - wait no, don’t sleep with cute interns, don’t make a habit of canceling appointments, and don’t blame students for my missed appointments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous suzie said...

you are so right!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, What - pray tell - prompted you to add "don't slep with cute interns" to your list? hehe

11:20 AM  
Anonymous gina bane said...

seriously, have you been spying on me? because this is exactly what my life sounds like! i keep making mental notes of what i won't do when i become an attending. being on the bottom of the food chain sucks! miss you lots!

12:33 PM  
Blogger KDunk said...

sounds like a rough go! hang in there!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home