Monday, December 05, 2005

birthday blues

It's my birthday this weekend. People keep asking me what I want to do. "Nothing", I reply. I'm showing one of the classic signs of depression: loss of pleasure or motivation in activities I once found pleasurable. Look it up in the DSM-IV-R. I used to be a huge birthday person too - loved throwing parties and never needed a reason to whip up a good get-together of sorts. Now, it's just another year gone by with nothing new to celebrate. I feel like Eeyore. Pin the tail on this donkey.

Ok, I don't really know what that means but the statement made me laugh - except that I think I might have called myself a donkey. Wait. When people read that just now, did it feel like I just called myself a donkey? Great. Happy birthday to me.

Just kidding, just kidding. I've got a couple dinner plans already. Jenn and Raul made reservations for a fancy birthday dinner at a fancy restuarant. I already picked out my dress. It's a simple black, backless piece I bought two years ago and never had the chance to wear just yet. I get to finally snip the tags off. Other than that, a quiet toast with a few friends sounds nice...there's nothing quite like drinking those birthday blues away. And here's the best part, I can use my short hospital stay to guilt people into coming out. Anyone want to come?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

Eeeeek!!! Happy Birthday! Hope it was good:)

7:39 AM  
Blogger In Korea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY! FROM THE LIMS! YOU OLD FART!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous gracie said...

wish i was there!!! have a good birthday and call me when you have free minutes, booger!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jim Buggz said...

Glad to hear you're feelin better!
Happy early B-DAY! UR ALMOST THE COOLEST ZODIAC SIGN :P
sorry, u were close to being a Capricorn, but thats just more coolness for me, nyah nyah.

If you ever want me to go anywhere and bring my aura of 80's hair band rock star all u hafta do is email me, or tell Hunie and he'll add me to a list or whatever ;P jimbuggz@yahoo.com

I hope you have an awesome weekend!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home