Sunday, January 08, 2006

wedding wonders

I hadn’t seen Sam in almost five years. He looks at me and says, “God, you’re still the same girl as you were in high school!” I laughed and lamely replied, “Oh Sam, just call me by my first name. You don’t have to be so formal.” The same GIRL I was in high school? Just last week I was writing about feeling like the oldest 27 year old in New York. And as I was looking through the pictures from last night, I still can’t help but wonder – what the hell is that boy talking about?


And so another one of my girls has gotten married.

It was a lovely wedding, complete with blushing bride, weeping maid of honor, dancing Korean ah-guh-mahs, and a very hip little Japanese girl named Anna from London, who kept saying “bloody this” and “bloody that”. I wanted to be her. Instead, I sat next to her making one social blunder after another. I even introduced myself to the guy sitting next to her and gushed about his toast. After a few second of blinks and blank stares, it hit me. I had asked the only other white guy at the party if he was the best man. Of course I had to announce this to the table immediately after and suffered the consequences, which were only a few pokes and jabs. “See that guy? He’s the waiter. That’s not the best man either.” You know. That sort of thing. Oh and I caught the bouquet again.

Beneath this demure exterior lies a vicious tigress. roar.

All and all, it was a great night and I was thrilled to see old friends and make new ones. Except that when I got home sometime around 1, I dropped into bed and sighed. Yup, tomorrow morning (today that it is), I would need a true beccup day. I’ve been feeling so over worked and burnt out lately, always needing to be “on”. Time to turn off for a while. Oh lordy – with that joke…I’ve been off for a while now.

**by the way, for those interested and haven’t yet figured it out. If you want to see other pictures, click on one above and it’ll take you straight to the “set” I’ve created for this night.

5 Comments:

Blogger raul said...

Not only did you catch the bouquet, but you are wearing a halo in the picture.

2:53 PM  
Blogger ass2006 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, what Raul said. And your hair is so damn long!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous June said...

There goes another successful wedding. i ask of you to remove one of those pics. i think if you look through them, you'll know which one i'm talking about.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's either the one where her nipple is popping out or the one where it looks like her head is growing out of her left sholder.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home